For all those who pray, we all need a resting place where we rest beside still waters for the Lord to refill our soul. Rejuvenation and renewal of your spirit is the main objective for this site. Enjoy!
Welcome to A Prayer Warrior's Respite Page
Thank you for visiting this page. I began this as an effort for all those who are tired and weary in life's battled to come and rest by still waters and be inspired, encouraged, and nourished by other Christians on the journey heavenward.. Feel free to add your posts, links and encouragement on the spiritual walk of life. God Bless you all, and Thank you for your prayerful support for all those who ask for a help in that manner.
For all those who pray, we all need a resting place where we rest beside still waters for the Lord to refill our soul. Rejuvenation and renewing our minds, hearts, souls, and nourishing our bodies and spirits will enable us to continue on the journey. We are all heaven bound
This is a new journey of faith that is open to all my prayer warriors on my prayer team for not only my parish of La Virgen De Guadalupe Catholic Church, but for all those who have joined us in the effort of prayer and sacrifice.
For all those who pray, we all need a resting place where we rest beside still waters for the Lord to refill our soul. Rejuvenation and renewing our minds, hearts, souls, and nourishing our bodies and spirits will enable us to continue on the journey. We are all heaven bound
This is a new journey of faith that is open to all my prayer warriors on my prayer team for not only my parish of La Virgen De Guadalupe Catholic Church, but for all those who have joined us in the effort of prayer and sacrifice.
Monday, June 20, 2016
Welcome to the udpated BLOG
In 2002, I had five surgeries in five months. After I came out of seclusion, I found that I had mamy people praying for me as I fought a battle for my life. I was so impressed and moved that I have begun an e-prayer chain via email and the internet. Our prayer team has been going strong for eight and a half years!
When someone asks for prayer, I post it in an email and then send to many in our parish who are willing to pray. I also link to four or five groups in this country, as well as a couple of prayer sites outside of the United States. When we come to pray for one another, the power is amazing. I hope my prayer team will take the time to rest and get refreshed through this blog. What I will share here is not only commentary on what I have read throughout the past two years in my study of Theology, but also quips and quotes from the internet, links about saints, and anything inspirational. We pray for those who are on the front lines of war - the war we have in the world literally, and the spiritual war going on in the battle for souls.
Our parish priest directed me to start this blog in an effort to nourish and edify those who are in the background praying for others' needs. Our parish has been graced with many miracles over the years and as a token of gratitude, I wanted to start with this personal blog in an effort to unite everyone who has joined us in prayer. To start I have found an article I am sharing with you. I will be sharing links to other blogs that have inspired me, and I hope they inspire you as well. God Bless you and I am glad you have joined me in this journey.
This blog is dedicated to my dear friend Gretchen who was a prayer warrior - offering her sufferings from her battle with cancer for souls. She is a dear friend and confidant. She was my teacher, and she fed me with positive literature over the years to help me become a better person. Her funeral is tomorrow, and she left this world a better place. She will be missed.
Should you have any comments, feel free to do so on this blog or email me at valeriejoyzmail@gmail.com. God Bless you today and always! Love, Peace, and Prayers, Valerie Joy
THE SECRET TO SANCTITY AND HOLINESS
I am going to reveal to you a secret of sanctity and happiness. If every day during five minutes you will keep your imagination quiet, shut your eyes to all the things of sense and close your ears to all the sounds of earth so as to be able to withdraw into the sanctuary of your baptized soul (which is the temple of the Holy Spirit) speaking there to the Holy Spirit saying:" Come, Holy Spirit " O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore thee. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be submissive in everything that thou shalt ask of me and to accept all that thou permits to happen to me, only show me what is thy will.If you do this, your life will pass happily and serenely. Consolations will abound even in the midst of trouble, for grace will be given in proportion to the trial, as well as strength to bear it, bringing you to the gates of paradise full of merit. This submission to the Holy Spirit is the secret to sanctity.(Cardinal Mercier)
With Love, Valerie Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment