Hello, Dear Prayer Warriors
Today I want to dedicate this post to my dear friend Gretchen H and Jeanne B.. They were both instrumental in helping me develop my newfound faith twenty five years ago. It wasn't until my return to the faith in 1993 that I "got it" - and when I met my dear friend Gretchen H. of whom this blog site is dedicated to. I can't get them off my mind today - Sometimes I think the communion of saints is so much stronger than we realize.
Jeanne B. Was instrumental in beginning a prayer group in my home town of Farmington NM. I vowed that if I recovered from cancer I would begin an e-prayer chain locally in 2003. We have been going 13 years strong and seen many miracles through our heartfelt and collective prayers.
Dear Gretchen began her ministry with me by giving me spiritual books to read - such as books fromWayne Weible of whom I got to meet in person fifteen years later.
Shortly after returning to the faith, I had the opportunity to take eighteen youth to visit Denver where our late Blessed Pope John Paul II was holding World Youth Day. I got to take two of Gretchen's sons on that trip. God uses all aspects of our lives to help us serve Him better.
Gretchen loved the Blessed Virgin Mary a lot. Jeanne was a spiritual giant who passed on the torch of faith to me. They are both a shining example of what a Christian Prayer Warrior is. There are two songs by Twila Paris - that I would like to share. Everytime I hear them, I think of Gretchen and Jeanne. It is interesting that a couple of days before she passed, I found this old tape in a dresser drawer. When playing the tape, I could feel her presence so strongly. She died on the feast of St. Cecelia - and surprisingly I found out that St. Cecelia is my mother's patron saint as well.
I find God in music. I have always loved music especially Christian folk music and those songs in the Glory and Praise books. Maybe because I went to Search and they played songs that moved my heart towards God. My dear friend was a prayer warrior, a child of God, and runner. She finished the race and now is in the arms of Jesus - speaking to me so strongly through these words. She is now with Mary - the Immaculate Conception - not suffering any longer. How can I be so selfish to wish she was still here with us. As I was writing my Christmas cards this year - her name was no longer on it. I sat and wrote my cards staring at last years' card that she sent me. She was with me as I wrote them. Gretchen, my dear friend, I know that you are in a much happier place now and we can commune with you as we do with all the saints in heaven. God Bless you, my friend!
THIS WARRIOR IS A CHILD


No comments:
Post a Comment